sat . Tragedy in Stockton: Four Killed, 10 Wounded in Mass Shooting at Family Gathering, Officials Say
Tragedy in Stockton: Four Killed, 10 Wounded in Mass Shooting at Family Gathering, Officials Say



8
Stockton, California — A family celebration turned into a devastating tragedy Friday night when gunfire erupted inside a banquet hall, leaving four people dead and ten others wounded, according to the San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office.
Authorities confirmed the mass shooting occurred during a private family gathering, plunging what was meant to be a joyful occasion into chaos and grief.
Gunfire Breaks Out During Celebration
The shooting began shortly after 11 p.m., when an unknown assailant — or possibly multiple shooters — opened fire on attendees inside the hall.
Witnesses described the scene as “absolute panic” as people scrambled for cover, overturned tables were scattered across the floor, and the sounds of screams echoed through the room.
One survivor told deputies:
“Everyone was celebrating, and then suddenly people were falling. We didn’t even know where the shots were coming from.”
Authorities said victims ranged in age and included both men and women. Several were rushed to nearby hospitals, some with life-threatening injuries.
Investigators Search for Motive, Possible Suspects



6
As of Saturday morning, detectives had not released information on a suspect. The sheriff’s office stated that no arrests had been made, and investigators are interviewing witnesses and reviewing security camera footage from the banquet hall and surrounding businesses.
Sheriff’s officials emphasized that it was too early to determine a motive, and they are exploring all possibilities, including whether the shooting may have stemmed from a personal dispute or targeted attack.
Authorities urged anyone with information or video evidence to contact investigators immediately.
Community in Shock as Stockton Faces Another Act of Violence
The city of Stockton, which has struggled with periodic spikes in violent crime, awoke to yet another heartbreaking incident. Local leaders expressed condolences to the families affected and called for unity as the investigation continues.
A spokesperson for the sheriff’s office said:
“This was a family event — a celebration. The level of violence we witnessed last night is devastating and unacceptable.”
Residents gathered near the banquet hall Saturday morning, leaving candles, flowers, and messages of support.
Hospitals Treating Multiple Victims
Medical officials confirmed that hospitals in the region remain on alert as they treat the ten wounded victims. Several are in critical condition, and doctors say the next 24 hours will be crucial.
Families have been gathering in waiting rooms, anxiously hoping for updates on their loved ones.
Officials Call for Calm as Investigation Continues
Sheriff’s officials asked the public to avoid spreading rumors as detectives work to piece together what happened. “We understand the community is frustrated and heartbroken,” the sheriff said, “but patience is vital as we follow every lead.”
The banquet hall has been closed off with crime-scene tape as forensic teams continue examining bullet casings, blood patterns, and potential escape routes.

The identities of the four victims are expected to be released once their families are notified.

